CRA Audit Representation

CRA Audit Representation.

CRA audit focuses on verifying donation, rental receipts or medical receipts in fact anything related to tax compliance. If the CRA is not satisfied with the documentation that you provided, then CRA starts to audit the entire tax return. MAK TAX professional representation can be dynamic when dealing with government tax correspondence, and our vast experience with tax authorities enables us to guide clients in their successful dealings with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

If you have been reassessed, have failed to file past due returns, or chosen for an audit, MAK TAX professionals can put many of your worries at bay. We are ready and willing to answer any questions the CRA may be asking of you and will also advise you on your rights and responsibilities and even file an appeal if it seems warranted.

Business Tax Audits

During business audits, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) closely examines books and records of small and medium-sized businesses to make sure they fulfill their obligations, apply tax laws correctly, and receive any amounts to which they are entitled.
A CRA auditor will write to you or call you, or both, to begin the audit process and inform you of where the audit will take place. At Mak Tax , we will take care of the details, arranging mutually convenient meeting times and places for the CRA to perform the audit. Mak Tax can support on-site audit as well as office audit by the CRA. We will also negotiate on your behalf to limit the scope of the audit itself.
Mak Tax will coordinate with the CRA auditor and organize supporting documents (business records such as ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, contracts, and bank statements).
Mak Tax also makes itself present throughout the entire CRA audit process so that the audit can be completed quickly with minimal delay. Mak Tax will take care and handle all negotiations, objections and appeals up to the end of the appeal stage. If you disagree with the reassessment, we will go to the next step for Appeals by registering a formal dispute.